Customer declaration: I agree to use this pharmacy-only medicine strictly as directed. If symptoms persist, or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my pharmacist or doctor immediately. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the information provided about this medicine.
Nurofen for Children is a pleasant tasting sugar free syrup formulated to target pain and fever in children for up to eight hours.
Nurofen for Children provides effective relief of pain associated with:
- Sore throats
- Minor aches
- Sprains and strains
- Colds & Flu
- As wells as a reduction in temperature for up to 8 hours including fever caused by immunisation.
100mg of Ibuprofen per 5 ml dose.
Also contains: sodium chloride and saccharin sodium
Does not contain: aspirin, alcohol or aspartame. Colour and gluten free.
Do not use if allergic to NSAIDs or aspirin
Do not use if you have had asthma caused by ibuprofen
Do not use in people with kidney disease/impairment
Do not use in people with a stomach disorder or stomach ulcer
Do not use if dehydrated
Do not use in pregnancy (3rd trimester)
Do not use in infants under 3 months
Precautions (check with pharmacist before use if any of the following apply):
- History of peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding
- Previous NSAID associated stomach irritation, asthma or skin reaction
- If you have heart, kidney, stomach or bowel problems
- If you have high blood pressure or asthma
- If you have ever had a stroke of TIA (mini-stroke)
- Require a high dose or have been using for a long time
- If you have had your symptoms for a long time.
- If you take any other medicines
- If you are over 65 years of age
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding or planning on becoming pregnant
Shake the bottle well before use. Syringe comes with medicine. Suggested dosage based on 10mg/kg/dose
If giving to children under 1 year:
3-6 months (6-8 kg): 3-4 ml
6-12 months (8-10 kg): 4-5 ml
1-3 years (10–14 kg): 5-7 ml
3-5 years (14-18 kg): 7-9 ml
5-7 years (18–22 kg): 9-11 ml
7-9 years (22–28 kg): 11-14 ml
9-12 years (28-40 kg): 14–20 ml
These doses should be given approximately every 8 hours, or with a maximum of 3 doses in 24 hours. For short term use only. If you’re ever unsure about the dosage, please ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
For more information on instructions for proper use of the Oral Dosing Device click here.
See your doctor immediately if you notice stomach pain, coughing or vomiting of blood or black bowel motions, if you have trouble breathing, swelling of the face or chest pain or if you have a wide spread rash, unexplained fever or mouth ulcers after taking Nurofen for Children.
Side effects: dizziness, indigestion, nausea, constipation or diarrhoea and skin rash.